Select Page

An RN or LVN who violates the state laws and issuances from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) should seek proper help from a nurse attorney. Doing so could make or break their cases. As a matter of fact, the license can be suspended or revoked if not defended properly.

An RN was employed as a Registered Nurse with a Hospital in, Denton, Texas, and had been in that position for three (3) years and seven (7) months.

It was on or about January 26, 2016, when the RN failed to verify the correct medication was withdrawn for administration for the Patient. The physician ordered Norflex, a pain medication, but the RN removed Norepinephrine, a medication used for hypotension and heart failure, from the Pyxis and started to administer it to the patient. Consequently, the patient reported immediate chest pain and required transport to another facility for a higher level of care. The RN’s conduct exposed the patient unnecessarily to a risk of harm in that the patient received the wrong medication and required additional interventions.

As a response to the incident above, the RN states she went to the medication room and on the Pyxis touch screen touched Norflex. The RN states the drawer opened, she removed a vial and scanned it. The RN states she slowly began to administer the medication and immediately stopped and called the doctor when the patient stated she felt bad. The RN states she and the doctor examined the medication vial and noticed the error. The RN states she accidentally had touched the wrong line on the screen.

Because of the incident, the RN was disciplined by the Board of Nursing. It’s because she failed to hire a good nurse attorney for the case, which is why her defense was not matched with the evidence that the Board possesses.

A good nurse attorney is always the best line of defense for these cases. This is the reason why Nurse Attorney Yong J. An is dedicated to helping those nurses in need to settle their cases. For a private consultation and other inquiries, it’s best to contact him for assistance by dialing (832)-428-5679.